Downtown Development District
On January 11, 2015, Governor Markell announced Dover's designation as one of three Downtown Development Districts. Property owners in the designated Downtown Development District will be eligible for a variety of incentives from the State, Kent County, the City of Dover, and the Downtown Dover Partnership. The most valuable of these incentives is a rebate of 20% of the construction costs from the State of Delaware for qualifying construction projects over $25,000. The County will match a portion of the State's rebate, and the City will offer a variety of incentives relating to permit fees, impact fees, property taxes, transfer taxes, and business license fees. The Downtown Dover Partnership will provide assistance with architectural fees. More details about these incentives will be forthcoming. Check back soon!
Public Information Sessions to Learn about Dover's Downtown Development District Program
The Delaware State Housing Authority is accepting Large Project Reservation applications for the Downtown Development District Program. The deadline for applications is Monday, May 16, 2016. The City of Dover will host a public information sessions about the many incentives for businesses and homeowners to invest in Downtown Dover on Wednesday, April 6, 2016 at 9:00 a.m., 4:00 p.m., and 6:00 p.m. in the Bayard Plaza Community Room (200 W. Loockerman Street, Dover.
City of Dover Downtown Development Resources
- Dover's Downtown Development District Interactive Map
- Overview of Downtown Development Incentives (PDF Document)
- City of Dover Downtown Incentive Application
- Downtown Dover Partnership Incentive Application
- City of Dover Historic Property Tax Credit Application
- Delaware State Housing Authority Releases DDD Grant Information
- Office of State Planning Coordination Downtown Development District Page
- Delaware's Historic Preservation Tax Credit Program