Busking in Downtown Dover
To Sign up, visit: Tinyurl.com/DoverBusking
We invite musicians, visual and performing artists to "busk" in downtown Dover. The program will be piloted on the Library and First blocks of Loockerman Street, and State Street adjacent to Loockerman, and is anticipated to expand. In the near future, there will be a logo at each site where performers are encouraged to locate.
NOTE: While busking is not limited to the timeframes or locations in the Sign Up website, we ask that buskers sign up for the date and location in which they plan to play, if it is part of a currently specified timeframe. A "SignUp" confirmation from this site (via your email) will take priority over someone showing up on site without a SignUp confirmation to perform. There are plenty of places to play, so simply move to another site.
If you sign up and then find you are unable to play as intended, please remove yourself from, or reassign, your committed time-frame so that someone else can play.
And remember… have FUN!
Purpose: Bring music/arts by community members to Loockerman and adjacent streets in Downtown Dover to enrich cultural opportunities throughout the day, and as a “placemaking” tool, to create a playful and lighthearted environment.
- During special events, such as First Saturdays, parades, and days of events/activities.
- Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday weekly from 11:30am - 1:30pm and 4pm - 6pm.
- Saturdays and Sundays between the hours of 10am and 3 pm.
Who can participate:
- Community members such as artists, musicians, literary (readers), dancers, etc.
- Inappropriate acts, music, or readings (no foul language or dress).
- Policies and procedures may change from time to time. Updated information may be found on downtowndoverpartnership.com.
Locations: Identified by a common icon found on the sidewalk (above) to represent arts/music, etc. in pre-selected locations. See below for approved locations. These locations have been approved by property/business owner and allows sufficient room for pedestrian throughway on sidewalks. See below for current locations:
- BLOCK 1 - Library & City Hall block
PNC Bank near fountain - 3 Loockerman Plaza
House of Coffi - 14 E Loockerman St
Park Greene Galleries/Delaware Store - 331 S State St
Grey Fox Grille & Public House - 140 S State St
- BLOCK 2 –State to S. Bradford
Dover Art League - 21 W Loockerman St
Forney’s Too - 102 W Loockerman St
- BLOCK 3 – S. Bradford to S. Governor's
Cendel Building - 101 W Loockerman St
Read more about the program in the Delaware State News!