Downtown Dover Strategic Master Plan
The Downtown Dover Partnership (DDP), working in concert with the City of Dover and multiple public and non-profit agencies, has engaged Mosaic Development Partners of Philadelphia, PA, an experienced, dynamic, and diverse professional planning consultant team to develop a Strategic Master Plan for the downtown and closely surrounding neighborhood area within the City of Dover, Delaware.
The target area is designated as a Downtown Development District and also as an Opportunity Zone, indicating that this is the high priority target area for redevelopment and reinvestment. The area is adjacent to the state legislative campus, City Hall, the public library, numerous state offices, the historic landscape of Delaware’s National Park known as “The Green”, the new Dover Post Office and Family Court locations, and other amenities that make the core of the city unique.
The process to develop the Downtown Dover Strategic Master Plan invites grassroots input by engaging the community and will include implementation and investment strategies to guide redevelopment and reinvestment in downtown Dover, with the goal of bringing this vital core of commerce and housing to its highest and best potential by a target date of the year 2030.
- Master Plan Documents
- Property Development Director RFP
- 120 S. Governors Ave. RFQ
- Expression of Interest (Contractors)
- Presentation Video
- Video Overview by Zachary Foust
- Downtown Dover in the News
- Reflections from DDP Board President
- Progress Documents from Mosaic Development Partners
- RFP for Planning Team
- Downtown Dover Master Plan Executive Summary - Download PDF | Alt. Download
- Downtown Dover Master Plan Overview Presentation - Download PDF | Alt. Download
- Downtown Dover Master Plan Full Document - Download PDF | Alt. Download
The hiring process remains open until a candidate is selected.
In an effort to develop the local workforce, contractors may indicate their interest in providing services related to redevelopment projects in Downtown Dover by completing an Expression of Interest (EOI). Wherever possible, the Downtown Dover Partnership (DDP) intends to provide this contact information to vendors (developers, contractors, and others) involved in the redevelopment of the downtown.
- Click here to complete the EOI. https://tinyurl.com/DoverContractorInterest
View a summary of the master plan created by downtown business owner, Zachary Foust of Loft Realty.
On Wednesday, March 22 at the Kent County Levy Court, Mosaic Development Partners delivered a public presentation of the master plan. Use the links below to view a recording of the presentation.
- View Presentation on YouTube
- Video starts at 13:47
- View Presentation on WebEx - Audio Captions & Larger Slides.
- Password for WebEx: MasterPlan23
- Video starts at 13:47
- Dover Seeks Developer to Kickstart Transformation - PDF - 06/23/23
- Downtown Dover Partnership continues search for development director - PDF from the Delaware State News - 6/6/23
- The State of Downtown Turnarounds - PDF from the National Association of Realtors - 6/6/23
- Downtown Dover Partnership finds funding to help 10 properties - PDF from the Delaware State News - 5/30/23
- Dover 2030 Project Breakdown + Reaction ($500M Budget!!) - Video from Zachary Loft, Loft Realty - 5/19/23
- Downtown Dover plan starts to take shape - PDF from Delaware Business Times - 4/3/23
- Delaware officials unveil multi-million dollar plan to transform Dover - Link to WHYY News - 3/25/23
- Downtown Dover Master Plan Unveiled - Article & Video from WBOC - 3/22/23
- DDP Seeks Project Director - Media Release - 2/22/23
- Dover City Council hears master plan for downtown revitalization - PDF from Delaware Public Media - 2/19/23
- EDGE Grants awarded to 10 Delaware Businesses - PDF from Delaware Business Times - 2/15/23
- Exclusive: Downtown Dover plan envisions $500M investment - PDF from Delaware Business Times - 1/20/23
- Mosaic Development looks at Dover with fresh eyes - Link to Delaware Business Times - 10/24/22
- VIEWPOINT: Transforming Downtown Dover through planning, action - PDF from Delaware Business Times - 8/2/22
- Sixers owner invests $10M into Philly’s Mosaic in bid to build firm into Black-owned real estate juggernaut. - PDF from The Philadelphia Inquirer - 1/20/22
- New Direction for Dover? City Leaders to Start Master Plan for Downtown Area - PDF from Delaware State News - 1/17/22
- Firm selected to develop strategic master plan for Downtown Dover - PDF from Delaware State News - 12/9/21
- Consultant to help plan future for downtown Dover - Link to Delaware Business Times - 12-08-2021
- Mosaic Progress Presentation - 05/25/2022 - PDF
- CLICK HERE to View Video Presentation - YouTube
- Mosaic Master Plan Progress Report # 1 Presentation - 04/18/2022 - PDF
- Dover Q1 Presentation Report #1 - 04/18/2022 - PDF
- RFP Process and Timeline - 01-07-2022 PDF
- RFP Dover Strategic Master Plan - 6-22-21 - PDF
- Responses to questions from Vendors - 07-23-2021 - PDF
More about the Downtown Dover Partnership:
The DDP is committed to driving an improved quality of life for the residents and visitors of Dover, Delaware, through collective collaboration, economic development and promotion of downtown Dover’s unique historic properties. As such, core areas of DDP’s responsibility are strengthening economic opportunity in the central core of the Capital City of Dover through effective business recruitment, retention, and expansion; creating an environment that is conducive to effective property redevelopment and reinvestment; and revitalizing the community to increase viability and sustainability of the business district and surrounding neighborhoods.
The Downtown Dover Partnership (DDP) is committed to diversity, equity, inclusion - both in the organization and in the Dover community.
It is the policy of the DDP to grant equal opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, age, sex, religion, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristics protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, contractual hire, and otherwise.