Welcome to downtown Dover! Residents, shoppers and visitors will find helpful information on this site for your next visit to Downtown Dover, including programs, events, and family-fun special activities occurring within the downtown district. See VISIT DOWNTOWN and EVENTS CALENDAR.
Capital City 2030: Transforming Downtown Dover was developed for downtown Dover. Visit the STRATEGIC MASTER PLAN to learn more about big upcoming projects.
Downtown Dover is business-friendly! We invite prospective or existing business owners to visit DOING BUSINESS HERE for incentives and resources to support your business endeavor.
We are committed to provide our residents, businesses, and visitors with a great place in which to visit, shop, live, and work as evidenced by our Vision, Mission, and Critical Success Factors.
In July 2008, the Downtown Dover Development Corporation, Main Street Dover, and the Dover Parking Authority merged to form the Downtown Dover Partnership.
The Partnership has a Board of Directors and five standing committees composed of volunteers from all segments of the community. Each committee has a key role in support of our mission:
- Design Committee - key in shaping the physical image of Downtown
- Marketing & Promotion - promoting Downtown Dover as a center of commerce, culture and community life
- Organization - building consensus and cooperation between groups that play roles in Downtown
- Parking & Safety - creating parking and ensuring a safe haven for community members
- Economic Development - strengthening the existing economic base of Downtown while diversifying it
Feel free to contact the Downtown Dover Partnership at (302) 678-2940 or email us at email@example.com. We also invite you to visit or stop by the DDP office at 101 W. Loockerman Street. We will be happy to spend some time with you and tell you why we think Downtown Dover is a great place to live, visit, shop and establish a business!
The 2022 Annual Report from the Downtown Dover Partnership is now live! Learn more about projects and progress from the DDP over the past year, and goals for the year ahead!