Downtown Dover Strategic Master Plan
The Downtown Dover Partnership (DDP), working in concert with the City of Dover and multiple public and non-profit agencies, has engaged Mosaic Development Partners of Philadelphia, PA, an experienced, dynamic, and diverse professional planning consultant team to develop a Strategic Master Plan for the downtown and closely surrounding neighborhood area within the City of Dover, Delaware.
The target area is designated as a Downtown Development District and also as an Opportunity Zone, indicating that this is the high priority target area for redevelopment and reinvestment. The area is adjacent to the state legislative campus, City Hall, the public library, numerous state offices, the historic landscape of Delaware’s National Park known as “The Green”, the new Dover Post Office and Family Court locations, and other amenities that make the core of the city unique.
The process to develop the Downtown Dover Strategic Master Plan will invite grassroots input by engaging the community and will include implementation and investment strategies to guide redevelopment and reinvestment in downtown Dover, with the goal of bringing this vital core of commerce and housing to its highest and best potential by a target date of the year 2030.
Documents related to RFP to hire the planning team may be found here:
- RFP Process and Timeline - 01-07-2022 PDF
- RFP Dover Strategic Master Plan - 6-22-21 - PDF
- Responses to questions from Vendors - 07-23-2021 - PDF
Downtown Dover in the News
- Sixers owner invests $10M into Philly’s Mosaic in bid to build firm into Black-owned real estate juggernaut. 01-20-2022 - The Philadelphia Inquirer - PDF
- Firm selected to develop strategic master plan for Downtown Dover - 12/09/2021 - PDF
- New Direction for Dover? City Leaders to Start Master Plan for Downtown Area - 01/17/2022 - PDF
- Consultant to help plan future for downtown Dover - 12-08-2021 - Delaware Business Times - 12-08-2021
More about the Downtown Dover Partnership:
The DDP is committed to driving an improved quality of life for the residents and visitors of Dover, Delaware, through collective collaboration, economic development and promotion of downtown Dover’s unique historic properties. As such, core areas of DDP’s responsibility are strengthening economic opportunity in the central core of the Capital City of Dover through effective business recruitment, retention, and expansion; creating an environment that is conducive to effective property redevelopment and reinvestment; and revitalizing the community to increase viability and sustainability of the business district and surrounding neighborhoods.